Mindful Self-Compassion: New Year’s Gift to Yourself
January 14, 21, 28, February 4, 9:30am-11:00am
$20 per person for all 4 sessions, preregistered/prepaid.
An after-the-holiday option: Give a gift to yourself and leave behind domestic duties and responsibilities to celebrate you and regain a freshness that will serve you for the rest of the year. This daytime course will support you in learning how to be good to yourself, with the same kindness and understanding that you treat others when they suffer, fail, or feel inadequate. It will help you recognize your inner ally instead of an inner critic. This course is designed for those who choose not to travel at night.
Some aspects to be examined:
1. Learning to embrace yourself with your imperfections and gain resilience.
2. Deepen your self–compassion.
3. Provide tools to invoking mindfulness and self-compassion as a daily routine.
4. Help face the old wounds with new healthy methods of care.
5. Assimilate the three core elements of mindful self-compassion: self-kindness, part of common humanity, and mindfulness.
This program will be facilitated by Paula Smith. She is a a steering committee member of Compassion Rochester, MN, a school psychologist, and a certified Dynamic Mindfulness Trainer through the Niroga Institute.